Monday, January 18, 2010

Back to Found Objects


I haven't been keeping up with Found Objects lately. In the past few weeks I have found a hi-tec pedometer and one of those things that power point presenters use to point out stuff on their presentations -- well I think that's what it is. It fits in the palm of the hand and has a teeny but very bright light beam. A few days later I saw a hi-tec looking woman power walking by my house and somehow I knew the pedometer belonged to her. Once I managed to gain her attention , (her head was plugged in to some sort of listening device) she gratefully repossessed the pedometer.

But today while looking for rocks for garden art in the desert, I came across these binoculars.They were in a dry wash, so they must have come down from the mountains. Probably they belonged to some hunter, but they look sort of ancient and military to me. I have therefore created a provenance for them. I have decided that some military observer of the Trinity bomb stationed in the mountains must have dropped them in surprise

Sorry about the underlining. I didn't ask for it and I cant turn it off .......

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home