Friday, January 15, 2010

Googlescan jabberwock and merging chocolate.


Remove Formatting from selection
I was just wasting time looking for a google map of a small village that I lived in when I was a child. Instead of the map I came up with a google scanned edition of a book about the area around that village. It was completely unreadable. Probably the print quality and font were not quite standard, but hey, I used to proof read for the Gutenberg Project, and they would never have released such crap. Gutenberg does do automated scanning now, and they warn that there will be illegibilities in the text. I'm not sure whether they still do the Old Hand Method as well. It must have been hard to get enough volunteers to do all that picky reading.

Another inconsequentiality that is nagging at me is the Cadbury thing. Cadbury chocolate that is produced in the US is not as good as the stuff from Canada or Britain, and perhaps I was hallucinating but I'm sure that I saw on a Cadbury Milk label the words 'Distributed by Hershey'. I was under the assumption that Cadbury's Milk had been eaten by the Hershey bar long ago, but I guess the wolverines are still circling.
I think the Cadbury's milk chocolate from Britain and Canada may have a lower melting point than stuff aimed at the US, and that's what makes it taste better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home