Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Jolly Ranchers


This is a watermelon Jolly Rancher. Slightly out of focus. Apple and watermelon flavored Jolly Ranchers are one of my small pleasures. They don't actually have an authentic, natural flavor. Their flavors are more intense, as though some chemist isolated one molecule to remanufacture when the natural flavor is a much more complex combination. That's why I like them. Like art, they intensify a commonplace experience. When re-reading my lame attempts at blogging, I realized that I didn't seem to be able to drag myself away from the consequential situations reported by the media. Hard to ignore those disasters, and I don't want to. I just don't want to write about them. From now on I will make a serious attempt to stick to the small inconsequencies of every day life........ but wait a minute..... is ANYTHING inconsequential??? Yes yes yes. We'd go madder than we all ready are if we took everything as being of infinite importance. I awoke late today. My dog, who had been watching me carefully, gave up in despair when she saw me turn on the computer. She is out on the portale, bitterly watching the world go by. Her daily squirrel hunt is over due.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home