Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Wet Sheetrock


I keep hearing stories about people returning to their flooded homes. I don't have TV so I just hear them say again and again 'See that's the water line right there....... (sob sob)'. Not that I'm not sympathetic. I had a house collapse on me in the Columbus Day storm and it just isn't nice at all. I can't believe that sheetrock will ever dry out entirely or the mold will ever disappear. Now I come to think about it sheetrock just doesn't make sense. Isn't there something better?

I was reading about the Somme today because it appears in an inconsequential novel I'm writing. The Somme was not inconsequential in 1916. More than a million dead. It is inconsequential now, because the orphans of the Somme are over ninety. They'd have to be ninety five to remember their daddies. Over the top to oblivion.......
Now the Spanish 'flu isn't inconsequential because we are afraid the bird 'flu is going to mow us down like grass dammit, just like in 1919....it's a similar virus isn't it?? Hey where are those godless scientists when we need them? They better come up with an attenuated virus and look sharp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home